Welcome to North Mercer R-III, home of the Cardinals! Our mission is to inspire students to gain a diversity of life skills in a safe environment as they work to become responsible, productive citizens.
To view the monthly calendar of events click here.
*Evaluation Report for 2013
DECEMBER 4, 2013
1. Good luck to all students taking the ACT this Saturday! You will do great!
2. Elementary girls basketball practice for tonight has been cancelled. Next practice will be Friday at 6:30.
3. The Burger King Scholarship is Due January 10th. This application can be found at www.bkmclamorefoundation.org/WhatWeDo/ScholarsProgram You need a 2.5 GPA to qualify.
4. There will be a Child Care Clinic held for all students, both boys and girls, ages 11-15. If you are interested please sign up in the office so a date may be scheduled.
5. NCMC will be offering a COMPASS test on Tuesday, December 10th and Tuesday, January 7th.
6. Acteens are holding a food drive all this week. If you or any of your students would like to donate please bring to Mrs. Guilkey's office. Thank you.
7. Juniors and Seniors who are taking ONLINE dual-credit courses next semester MUST have their enrollment forms to Mrs. Guilkey by December 18th. Remember at least $50 per credit hour is due at the time of enrollment.
8. December 9th at 10:00 am the US Army will be doing a presentation on Suicide Prevention for grades 7-12th.
9. A big thank you to Mr. Stewart and the students for a wonderful program last night. You all did an amazing job.
10. The 7th grade class is leading the toy drive. Donations can be accepted until next Thursday the 12th, so it's not too late for any class that would like to participate. Reminder the winners will get a pizza party! All donations stay local!
11. Please email senior pictures along with giving Terry a hard copy of your pictures for newspapers by January 15.
12. Kauffman Scholarships are available in the office.
13. All A+ students, please turn in all your log sheets to Mrs. Guilkey by Thursday, December 18th so she can get them entered into Lumen for the semester grade card.
10. There is an Asset Testing day for dual credit students Wednesday, December 4 at NCMC. The test will be administered in the lower level of the Alexander Student Center. There will be a morning session that begins at 9am and and an afternoon session that begins at 1:30p.m. If you have students that would like to sign up, please contact me and make arrangements. There will be a limited number of spots available. The current cost for taking the Asset test is $10. This will be the only dual credit Asset testing day offered before the Spring 2014 semester. If this date doesn’t work, we also have the upcoming Compass testing dates: November 25, December 2-10 and January 7. The cost for the Compass test is $25 and students can register at http://www.registerblast.com/ncmc/Exam.
14. 9th-12th grade students have the chance for scholarship money by writing a 1200-1500 word essay that addresses one or more aspects of books and reading. 1st place will receive $1500, 2nd place $750, and 3rd place $250. There were only 57 entries last year so this would be a great opportunity for some extra college/technical school money. Each student will be given the information. The deadline is January 31, 2014.
12/05 Elementary Concert 6:30
12/10 VBB @ Green City 6:00
12/12 VBB vs. Princeton 6:00
12/13 JVBB vs. East Harrison @ Ridgeway 6:00